Why do I blog?
Richard St. John shares his eight secrets of success in a fantastic video and I want to talk about blogging and how I think it is connected to these eight great secrets.
Here are the eight secrets in a word cloud
I blog for all the reasons in the word cloud:
- I blog because I want to be an excellent educator (Excellence- get good at what you do)
- I blog because I want to share my ideas (Serve Others)
- I persist even when I am tired; good results need hard work! (Work!)
- I blog to focus more on my interest and learn more about it (Focus)
- I blog because this makes me think and learn new things (Push Yourself)
- I get more ideas by trying to explain my ideas to other people. (Ideas)
- I blog because I love my job and I am passionate about teaching (Passion)
- I persist because I believe communicating your ideas is important for learning (Persist)
What should you blog about?
Blog about something you love, something you are passionate about. It may be using songs in the classroom, using Web 2.0 tools or it may even be a blog about the English language!
If you love your subject, you will find more things to write and you will also find the time, no matter how busy you are.
It takes time but it’s worth it!
May be you will find it hard at the the beginning. I found it hard too!
But with time, it gets easier. Remember! You won’t get better by waiting! You will get better by trying!”
Go beyond your comfort zone
Challenge yourself and you will surely be amazed by how much you will learn by communicating with the world!
And if you would like to listen to this great talk which inspired this post, here it is below, one of the great TED talks.